The Edwardstone White Horse
'The Greenest Pub/Club/Hotel in Suffolk'
The White Horse is one of the best examples of environmentally sustainability in business that you can find. The evidence is open for all to see. At the White Horse we have put in measures to lower our carbon footprint and operate as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Our own Brewery on-site - So our beer miles are beer feet.
- Our own Brewery is itself well recognised for being extremely eco friendly - Awarded locally and nationally for innovation in brewing and greening business.
- A huge amount of our own food is grown by us, next to our beer garden.
- We heat our water using solar panels
- We heat the pub using local coppice wood - We have 2 wood-burners and 1 open fireplace.
- We have a unique extension - Our Green Room was constructed using reclaimed bricks, lime plaster, local oak (from Groton wood), insulated with sheep's wool and is aesthetically in keeping with the age and style of the rest of the building.
- We always encourage people to come visit us on foot or by bike.
- We have a campsite with solar powered showers.
- We have a 'Green Tourism' award.
- We are officially the 'Greenest Pub/Club/Hotel in Suffolk'.
- All of our water comes from our own borehole.
- Our cooking is all done using high efficiency induction hobs.